11 August 2011 | By: Unknown

Things I'm Learning - Understanding Emotions

Before I begin, I found all of these images using google.  Several are from different sites, so I included what key words I used to find them.


Some of the things I've learned I think would be very helpful for others to know.  This is why I am writing these posts.  If this isn't your cup of tea, please feel free to skip to other posts on my blog.


You can only control your thoughts, feelings, and actions/behavior.  That's it.

Your thoughts, feelings, and actions also influence each other.  i.e. If you do something [action] it will make you think and feel something.  If you think something you will feel and act/behave accordingly.  If you feel something you will think and act on it.  However, you can control them and be aware of what they are.

image credit: google search for thoughts, feelings, and actions

Your experiences and perceptions of them can influence your beliefs about yourself and the world around you.  These beliefs include safety, trust, power/control, esteem, and intimacy.
 image credit: google search for core emotions
Did you know that along with fight or flight, freeze is the third reaction?  Think deer in the headlights.

There are six core emotions - anger, shame, sadness, disgust, fear, and happy.  You can have any one or combination in minor to extreme scale.  Here are some visuals or you can click here or here for more examples.
images credit: google search for core emotions
 I'll show you in another post how to become more aware of the connection between events and your thoughts, feelings, and actions.

0 comments: