12 August 2011 | By: Unknown

Picture Frames

I have needed to get more frames for pictures and art in my home.  I checked the ads for Michael's online yesterday, but was confused as to what was actually on sale for this weekend.  After work today I drove there on my way home to find out.  I'm sure glad I did.

We have several of the Lifestyles frames in our home, specifically the dark cherry color.  I like that they come with mats and look nice without the high price tag.  This week they are on sale through tomorrow [the 13th] for $4.99.  For the 5x7 frames that's about 40% off and the 8x10 frames are about 50% off.  The larger frames were $12.99 or about 35% off.  I picked up four of the 8x10s to use for the completed cross-stitch projects [here and here - not the birdhouse; that needs a special frame].

Before checking out I browsed the remainder of the frame section to locate a document frame for "The Living Christ" and to see if there were other good deals.  I found a collage matted wall art that had three pictures of butterflies with inspirational quotes.  It was regular price $15.99 and would require a special frame. On my way to the check out I stopped and perused the clearance rack.  I found three separate matted pictures very similar to the ones I found in a collage mat.  They were $3.00 a piece.  I decided to buy them and also picked up three more 8x10 frames. 

Once I got home I mounted each of the cross-stitch projects and the new butterfly art in their frames.  I then hung the frames in their respective places throughout our home.  At first I thought of putting the butterfly pictures in Little Miss's room, but after comparing the colors to the curtains, I thought they better matched those in the extra bedroom.

Don't you love it when you need something and it's on sale?  Even better when you find something you'd like and its on clearance?  I do.  Sometimes, its the only way I actually get some of my wants.

0 comments: