26 December 2011 | By: Unknown

Pumpkin's Finished Quilt

I had the patchwork side all finished and pinned to the fleece side in time for Pumpkin's birthday.  Here is my previous post about the quilt.

With all my other sewing I had hoped Hubby would finish his yarn knots to attach the two sides so I could finally put the binding around the edges.

After running out of thread for my first vests we headed back to JoAnn's and let Pumpkin choose his blanket binding.  Over the Christmas weekend I paused on finishing the vests and attached the binding to Pumpkin's quilt.  I then finished the yarn knots.  To be fair Hubby did about 1/4 of the quilt, he later told me he was impressed with my time saving technique that I had learned at a previous Relief Society meeting.

On Christmas evening the family was playing a game of Qwirkle; in between my turns I worked on the knots.  I did not hand sew the binding, I machine stitched it.  If you look closely you can see the area where the sewing machine and I did not get along.

I really wanted Pumpkin's blanket done so he could enjoy it.  With pins still on it he was hesitant to do much with it, so it just sat and was forgotten about. [Maybe this was part of Hubby's delay?

 
 

0 comments: