26 January 2009 | By: Unknown

16 Little Factoids.



 Write 16 of your own when you're tagged!!

1. I asked Hubby if he was going to ask me for my number.

2. I picked out my engagement ring. (The diamond, too.)

3. I like Tanzanite. I love the color. I'd say its my favorite gemstone.

4. I had gotten so out of shape with just two kids, that when I enlisted in the Navy I couldn't do a proper push-up (not one), barely any sit-ups (I think it was about five), and couldn't run for any sustained time. I worked out three times a week for three months until I left for boot camp, I did a mock PRT (min. 17 push-ups, 47 sit-ups, 1.5 miles in 15:45 or less) and more than passed!

5. Strawberries and my GI track do not agree.

6. I read the entire Work and the Glory series during the fall/winter of 2007.

7. I read the Chronicles of Narnia during the summer of 2006.

8. I plan to read the Lord of the Rings, probably when I'm on deployment.

9. I gained weight with boot camp. I lost most of it. I'm sure it's mostly muscle, so I try not to complain too much (all told, I've never gotten back to my pre-baby weight like I did after Munchkin, I have about 20lbs for that one).

10. I want to be more self reliant. Some things have gone well, others, I guess we don't have enough time to really devote to making it successful.

11. I think Monty Python is funny, though some is over the top.

12. I lived in Fort Wayne until I was 24. This included 10 different apartments/homes.

13. I lived in Tucson for 13 months, and claim it as my residency for the military (where I enlisted from, and AZ doesn't tax active duty).

14. Our kids were born in the same hospital that Hubby's dad helped to build, the reason his family moved to Indiana. (Lutheran Hospital)

15. Hubby and his best friend, introduced me to the church. I was baptized less than two weeks before we got married.

16. I didn't know it at the time, but my apartment was just across the ward boundaries and since I did the discussions at Jared's parents house, no one really knew/asked. When I met with the counselor of the Mission President and filled out the information for my baptism, I found out I was actually part of another ward. So the next day Hubby & I (he was part of 2nd ward, I was 1st, but we were getting married) went to 1st ward where they announced I was getting baptized that day. I had gone to the 2nd ward for a month or so. The turn out for my baptism was amazing, I had many of my non-member friends, Hubby's family, and two wards there. I was, of coarse, sitting in the front, but was told at the end there was not an empty chair, that people were standing in the back, in the hallway, and the foyer.

0 comments: