18 October 2011 | By: Unknown

Christmas Ideas 2 - Sewing


After starting on the dresses and skirts for the girls [my daughter, step-daughter, and nieces] I thought perhaps another church or special occasion item would be good for the boys [my sons and nephews].  After much thought and conversation between friends and families the majority opinion was vests.

You can see a sneak peak of the fabric for the vests here. The patterns I will use are all by Burda -- 9812; 9781; 9990; and 9732.  The twelve boys range in age from two to twelve and size from 2/3 to 14, hence the four different patterns.

I hope to find good cloth, for a decent price if possible, to make these vests.  I spotted nice lining material the other day while at JoAnn's.  I want these to look dressier, whereas the Halloween vests will be more rustic.

0 comments: