29 October 2011 | By: Unknown

Costumes 2011

After little input and some debate, we decided to be a pioneer family for Halloween.

I used McCall's M4547 pattern.
I finished her bonnet the next day and the chemise and pantaloons just prior to trick or treating.
Little Miss wore the apron from her maroon dress to complete the look [the McCall's pattern had one, but I ran out of time to sew it]. 
The boys [and Hubby] wore white shirts, khakis, and cowboy hats to finish their ensembles. I used Burda 9812 for Munchkin's vest; Burda 9732 for Pumpkin's vest; and Simplicity 2895 for Hubby's.

I had a dress that I made in high school [early 1997] for my costume.  The dress was the first big project I've ever sewn; it was for my high school's produced movie Calliope.  I think it was either a McCall's or Simplicity.

0 comments: