28 July 2011 | By: Unknown

Independence Day - Road Trip

We drove from San Diego, CA to Evanston, WY to spend Independence Day with family.  One of the gas stations we stopped at was in Fillmore, UT.  The gas station [Maverik] had a good price, friendly staff, and clean interior and bathrooms.  The best part was the playground structure and lawn on the premises.  The scenery was so beautiful.  While the children played we were able to see the sunset over the mountains.  I loved the smell of the air.  I honestly can't remember the last time I could say that.  I wish I could bottle some up and bring it home with me.  There were closer mountains on one side and more in the distance in the opposite direction.  You could see the houses, farms, and smaller ranches.  There were wild flowers, trees, and animals.
 
 I didn't get a picture of the playground.  There were three families using it and I didn't want to upset the parents if I got shots of their kids.  Here is a satellite view from google:

0 comments: