25 July 2011 | By: Unknown

Christmas In July - Getting Ready for Presents

After our yummy, filling breakfast/brunch we gathered in the living room to start opening presents.  Everyone stayed in their pajamas.  It's pretty normal in our house to remain in pajamas all day on Christmas.

This year I made reusable gift bags with fleece.  Some of them I sewed velcro on for the opening, and the rest we used gift tying ribbon we already had to keep closed.  Sewing the velcro just took a long time and I didn't get finished.  The fleece was on sale at JoAnn's and we let everyone pick something they liked.  By not getting specific Christmas fleece we are able to reuse the bags for any gift giving in our family.  We still use wrapping paper or paper gift bags for gifts to others.

Everyone gathered for presents.
 Ok, I know the sock in my picture was a bit odd.  Hubby put lotion in it and didn't want to use a big bag.  I'll need to make little bags for next year. [You can see Pumpkin holding my new lotion in the bottom picture.]

Would you use cloth gift bags?  I got the idea here.

0 comments: