29 December 2010 | By: Unknown

Time Waster


I've taken to unplugging the computer for part of the day to encourage getting more done around the house.  This is purely for my benefit as Hubby doesn't have this issue.

The countdown has started and we're working diligently to prepare for my deployment.  I didn't realize how difficult, time consuming, and expensive this would be.  Anyone interested in sending a care package or letter, please let me know.  I really appreciate it.

I really do have a lot more to say on my previously mentioned topics.  I haven't decided if I want to copy and paste from things I've already typed out on my hard drive or start from scratch.  Part of me really wants an all encompassing post, complete with sources and quotes.  Part of me just thinks I should put something out there.


Anyway, I spend way too much time on the computer and online.  I love to read and acquire knowledge and information.  I think I have an addiction of sorts.  Any 12 step programs out there?  At least on the ship I can't access the internet very often.  Its shared computers.  Some of my preferred sites are blocked.  I have way more important things to do.  I'm not avoiding quarreling children.  I'm not nursing my toddler.

Unplugging my computer at home has really helped push me to get stuff done.  I need to start writing out my full to do lists on paper so I can better track my progress, but I'm definitely doing better.  Like today I started organizing my room; its always the last one done.  I sewed four patches on my uniforms, fixed two skirts, a robe, and a stuffed animal.  I played with my kids for more than five minutes.  I know its not much, but I've really been in a rut lately.

0 comments: