03 June 2009 | By: Unknown

Baby Stuff

I've finally gotten that itch to get things in gear for the baby. I need to start nesting and organize the stuff in our room; you know, put the clothes in the drawers instead of the basket, make the crib bed, etc.

We picked out our diaper bag today. Yea, our first real baby purchase!

We plan to get the Britax Boulevard CS car seat by mid-July. I'm keeping an eye out for a good price, and I want the most recent manufacture date (as this will be used until it expires and we need to switch to a booster). I can order it through the Navy Exchange for 319.99, free shipping, no tax. I think that is my best deal, but I'm not sure, what do you think?

I want the Avent IQ Duo breast pump. It was at the NEX at the hospital in April, but I think it changed names (only finding the Avent Isis twin electric breast pump) and went up in price. Bummer. I'll check when I replace my WIC folder tomorrow.

Never found my Maya Wrap sling. Grrr. Hubby thinks he'd like a ring sling versus a pouch sling better. We're also looking into a Mei Tai carrier.

We want to get the Baby Trend Sit N Stand LX stroller. Stroller Depot has free shipping, and a discount on some colors. We'll also get a sturdy umbrella/convenience stroller for quick stuff (our old one was used for over five years, several moves, and both of our kids... the frame got bent, the parent window in the canopy got torn at the seam... we had to throw it out).

We just realized that the playmat (very simlar to this one) we got when Little Miss was a baby is no where to be found. We're thinking it somehow didn't make the move to AZ, and therefore not from AZ to CA. Guess we need to look into buying another one, sigh...

We're thinking about the Chicco Polly Highchair. Of coarse we won't need this until baby is ready for solids; at six months or so. This is also available with the Navy Exchange, again free shipping and no tax. We used to have a feeding seat with our first two, again well used and needs replaced. With our higher table (counter height) we thought a traditional highchair may work better.

I'd like a Boppy, as I've never had one, and I get bad neck/back aches nursing my babies (throw pillows help some, but not enough). They seem to be 35 - 40 no matter where we look. Any suggestions?

Anyone have exprience with a Bumbo seat? I wanted one with Little Miss, but didn't get one as we had to get so many other things (crib, swing, manual pump, etc). This is obviously a want and not a need.

I'm glad we've been saving with every paycheck, and that some of these things can and will wait a while, but wow, I didn't realize how much we had to replace/get.

Edited to add: My sister-in-law offered to make a "boppy" for me.
I'll just have to work on covers for it. We're looking online (ebay/craigslist) for a Bumbo. I just found a smaller/umbrella type stroller at Target (not on their website), so we have that for our sometime in the future list.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Fun! baby stuff is so fun, but so expensive! I've hung onto everything even though I'm not sure when baby #4 will come...

We have a bumbo, but my babies' legs were always too fat to fit. If you sew, there are some really easy boppy patterns out there. I made one, but still preferred a small pillow.

Good luck with everything else!