05 September 2011 | By: Unknown

Sewing Project - Nightgown

Before attempting to sew more of Pumpkin's blanket I wanted to test the sewing machine on some cotton blends.  I had already cut out the pieces for Little Miss's nightgown, so I figured that I'd give it a go.  It worked!  After trying short and long seams, straight and curved, I decided to just go ahead and finish.

I wanted Little Miss to be able to wear it for a few months at least, but it ended up being a bit bigger than that.  The sleeves have elastic in them, so that isn't a problem.  I just had to add an extra fold/roll/ruffle at the bottom.  Either way, she loves it and has danced around the house in it last night and tonight.
When I purchased the pattern last month, I had to look through all the pattern books at JoAnn's before I actually found a girl's nightgown.  I had no idea it would be so difficult to find one.  I used McCall's M4646.  I added the heart pockets from the robe pattern to the front since Little Miss requested them.

0 comments: