22 September 2011 | By: Unknown

Christmas Ideas - Sewing

While I was finishing Little Miss's dress I decided that I wanted to make more.  I wanted to make something for my nieces.  With Christmas coming in a few months, I figured it would be a good project.

With the blended families on Hubby's side, there are ten girls ranging in age from 16 to not yet born (due late October).  I thought dresses for the younger girls and skirts for the older girls would work well.  I gathered the patterns I already owned and searched out age appropriate patterns for those I did not.  Then I asked about favorite colors and sizes/measurements for each of the girls.

I will be using Butterick B4233 pattern B, Simplicity 4669 pattern D [modified to mid-calf instead of above/at knee], Burda 9775 patterns A and C, Burda 9801 pattern A, and Simplicity 5115 pattern A.

Here are the fabrics we picked out.

This is how I modified the Simplicity 4669 skirt.  The original pattern is the transparent white, I didn't have more of the pattern tracing material with me when I modified it, so I used what was on hand - yellow paper.

0 comments: