01 August 2009 | By: Unknown

Baby Shower

 Two ladies from church gave me a baby shower today.

There were thirteen people who came (the hostess, the home owner, myself, a co-worker with her two little brothers, six ladies from church and one lady's daughter).

We had a light lunch: chicken salad sandwiches; fresh fruit - pineapple, apples, oranges, grapes; cheesecake; cream puffs; lemon cookies; and water.

I was asked about what foods I've wanted/avoided during this pregnancy and everyone guessed what gender the baby would be. We didn't play any games.

I had forgotten my camera, as did everyone but my co-worker -- so she had her little brother's take pictures for us. She's hoping to get them uploaded and emailed to me before Monday.

I received several bath items (wash cloths, baby wash, lotion, hooded towel), some clothes (onsies and a sleeper); some toys (teddy bear, bath toy, connecting rings, rattle); a pack of newborn diapers; and a booster seat.

It was a nice get together.

I feel really blessed.

**************************
Side note:
I had a small baby shower when I was expecting Munchkin. Unfortunately, only two people came - for a total of five at the shower (hostess, myself, Hubby, and two friends).
I did not have a shower with Little Miss, nor did I have a bridal shower prior to getting married - we did have a small reception after the ceremony :).
Today was one of the very few times in my life that something I did/was doing/going through was celebrated.

I guess I'm just really sentimental/emotional.

0 comments: