13 May 2009 | By: Unknown

Munchkin's Hand

Hubby & Munchkin went to the Father's & Son's camp out (church event) on 24 April. Hubby had the bright idea of using a road flare for starting a fire and had Munchkin hold it, while lit, so he could do something. I guess it was supposed to be pretty quick. In the meantime the flare flared and got a couple magnesium embers on Munchkin's hand. Hubby then put the flare in the fire and addressed Munchkin's burn. One of the brethren there is a Navy Corpsman and he cleaned and treated the wound. Everyone went on for the night like nothing happened.

Hubby & Munchkin arrived home around 1030 this morning. This is when I see Munchkin's hand bandaged; I asked Munchkin what happened and he tells me (I had no clue or warning). I clean his hand and put on fresh ointment and bandage it. I'm thankful its small. However, I'm pretty sure Munchkin will have a few small scars from it. He says it doesn't hurt.

One of our neighbors is an IDC (independent duty corpsman) and he gave us some silver sulfadiazine cream for the burn on the 26th. He said it looked like it was 2nd degree. Thankfully the burn didn't go deeper, but he will definitely scar from it.

Here is the next day:


Here is after about a week:


Here is about two weeks:

0 comments: